Sunday, March 24, 2013

Change

Exactly how much of our very own self should we retain?

Recently, a friend of mine made a huge revelation to me. I was shocked. I was angry. I felt betrayed. I felt helpless. If a part of you is causing trouble and is burdening others, would you try to change yourself? I used to tell myself that no matter what happens, do not change yourself for the sake of others. Stay true to yourself. Do what you like. Smile whenever you're feeling happy. Frown whenever you're feeling sad or angry. But now I'm not even sure if this is still the right way to live my life.

Now, I try to control myself and to not go back to who I used to be. The part which people have tolerated for so long. The part of me which is evil, selfish, jealous, arrogant, emotional, anxious... But at the same time, I will miss you.















I really don't want to, but I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment